Refer a Patient

How do I refer a patient?

Help Me Grow is a free resource that is available to parents of children birth to five years old who reside in Anderson, Greenville, Laurens, Oconee, Pickens, Spartanburg,  Charleston, Berkely, and Dorchester counties. More counties coming soon!

All of our services are available in English and Spanish

To refer a patient to Help Me Grow: Download and complete a Help Me Grow referral form, and fax to (864) 454-1114 or email to
The referral form authorizes the transfer of information between Help Me Grow and you, the provider.


Alternatively, families may also self-refer by calling us at (855) 476-9211 or by visiting our website.


What happens next once I have referred a patient?

Once Help Me Grow has recieved the referral, a knowledgeable care coordinator will contact the patient’s parent or caregiver by telephone and complete an assessment regarding the family’s specific needs. Based on the information that is disclosed, the care coordinator may provide the parent with child development information, community resource referrals, or ask the parent to complete a developmental screening.  With the family’s permission, the care coordinator will fax the recommendations that were made and a copy of the patient’s developmental screening results (if applicable) to you for the patient’s medical record. The care coordinator will follow up with the family to ensure connection to approriate community resources. The family can contact Help Me Grow again at any time in the future if they have subsequent developmental concerns or need additional support.

What if I have a question for Help Me Grow?

No problem! In addition to helping families, the Help Me Grow staff is available to answer questions health care providers may have about available community resources and to support developmental services.   If you have a question or concern, please call (855) 476-9211 or email